Thursday, May 25, 2006

One from One - Red is Best!


Well, I had one taker! TWC guessed I went with the cab/merlot - he was absolutely correct!Although, he thought I might have actually emptied all three - not a bad thought - yummmmm! Alas, it was not to be.

You can see an extra label on the bottle that simply says "Frank & Bev". This label was stuck on some .... years ago on the occasion of my fortieth birthday. My fortieth was simply billed as "Mal's Big Red Fortieth" and the invitations made the gift suggestion of 'any bottle of red wine'. This particular bottle was a gift from Frank & Bev (the better-half's uncle and aunt) - thanks guys!! What a great night we had! We are still slowly making our way through the very kind gifts.

BTW, I finally had a call from Kitchener Wine Cabinets delivery guy - IT HAS ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!! It was delivered today. Unfortunately I was in Melbourne when it arrived and didn't get back to Brisbane until late in the evening. On Saturday we go away for a holiday, for a week, and then come back home for another week off. The better-half has spoken and I am banned from taking a computer with us away on the first week.

This will be my last post for a week or so, but I hope to return with photos of Burleigh Heads and my new wine cabinet.

Until Then
- drink well and live well! Life is too short to drink bad wine (obviously - not an original saying)





3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope she's at least letting you bring wine.........

Enjoy, I am off to see where it is you're off to.

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mal, did you know that Vinography links to you? Good job.

Oh, Happy Birthday.

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? You ain't back yet?

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed
Enter your Email and receive the latest posts immediately


Powered by FeedBlitz