Friday, May 05, 2006

Win a trip for two to France??

In an earlier, critically acclaimed (at least by my family - hey! they count too!) post titled "7 Effective Habits of Highly Successful Guzzler Locaters", at tip #2, I mention subscribing to emails and snail mail etc. I also mentioned considering joining some organisation like the Wine Society.

I have found the Wine Society to be beneficial. I am not a particularly active member, but apart from keeping you updated on wines and providing monthly specials etc, they do source some wines (directly from the producers) that are just not available in retail outlets. Additionally they provide various tastings and other events around the country and even some recipes to go with various wines.

The Wine Society currently are having a membership drive and it is possible you can win a trip for two to France by signing up new members. Each new member you sign up is another entry in the competition. Additonally, when you join you go in to the draw as well. It is well worth a look. At the moment they will also refund you the $50 joining fee.

Sounds great! What's the catch? I am not sure, however I imagine it would be taking at least two cases of wine a year for two years (I think that is what I did when I joined). I have kept the two cases a year going for the last 4 or 5 years. It is like a pressent that turns up unannounced every six months - a dozen mixed wines for me to try - damn!!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed
Enter your Email and receive the latest posts immediately


Powered by FeedBlitz