Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Evans & Tate 2001 Margaret River Shiraz

Once again this wine did not disappoint!! It is not a wine with huge tannins and oak but incredible cherry aromas with a hint of licorice - how good is this? I am really sounding like a wine wanker now!! However I could really smell those things. The difficulty I am having is trying to describe the flavours accurately - this is for any wine.

Maybe I have a sniffing problem?! I could sit and sniff the better wines for 10 minutes between sips. I love the aromas of a good wine. Maybe this is why I can describe the aromas better than the taste. Can someone help or advise????

I will have to try the 2002 and 2003 vintages to see if they are of a similar quality. Halliday rates the vintages in the Margaret River consistently (for reds at least) as virtually the same for 2001, 2002 and 2003. We shall endeavour to find out.

For those food lovers out there I have loaded up a photo of the experimental meal last night. The pine-nut and rosemary encrusted lamb rack. It was fantastic! Although I put too much rosemary into the roasted tomato sauce and it overpowered it a bit - oh well, better luck next time.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed
Enter your Email and receive the latest posts immediately


Powered by FeedBlitz