Monday, May 01, 2006

Wine Auctions

I have devoted a reasonable amount of time in past blogs talking about 'guzzlers'. For those who love finer wines (now that is not to say you can't find some fine wines under $20) there are a number of places to go. One of the places I like to check out are the Langton's Wine Auctions.

Langton's Sydney Wine auction is now open for bidding. An outstanding offering of 3564 lots of fine Australian and imported wine.

Check out the
link to the sale;

Have a run through some of them. I don't know about you but I salivate at the thought of all those fine wines. I checked out some of the Bordeauxs and there are some 'guzzlers' amongst them but I am not knowledgeable enough and I don't know where you can fdind tasting notes on the Cru Bourgeois or even the Cru Bourgeois Superieur. Robert Parker's book on Bordeaux covers a few of the better ones but doesn't really venture down to the 'guzzler' level.


If anyone can point to reliable tasting notes on some of these wines, please let us know. In the mean time enjoy browsing (or maybe even purchasing) at the Lanton's auction.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed
Enter your Email and receive the latest posts immediately


Powered by FeedBlitz