Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Guzzler Update #2

I received the Vintage Cellars monthly newsletter “Cellar Press” two days ago. A few offers really stood out.

Hardys 2004 Oomoo McLaren Vale Shiraz at 3 for $33. Just $11 each if you buy three! Can I afford not to buy three? Halliday rated the 2002 at 94/100 (I think) and the 2003 at 92/100. What a great guzzler for a great price! (Robbie – it isn’t for you – Rob does not like the Oomoo, poor bloke).

Wynns 2004 Coonawarra Estate Shiraz at 2 for $22. Again, just $11 each. Last year rated 90/100, and are fairly consistent performers. I just can’t believe what you can buy for $11.

Penfolds Rawsons Retreat Shiraz Cabernet at 3 for $20 – about $6.70 each. It won’t rate as highly, but for those who have read one of my first blogs In the Beginning! will realize I have a soft spot for the old Ronnies.

The Cellar Press is really talking to me! It now includes 2 pages of wine and meal suggestions - yeeeaahhh!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed
Enter your Email and receive the latest posts immediately


Powered by FeedBlitz