Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Introduction to Wine Tasting

I was trolling through wine sites and links the other day and came across a very good introductory article on wine tasting. It is the sort of article I wish I had read some years ago. It demystifies some of the process for the amateur and is a good start to wine tasting.

(If for some reason the page doesn't load, try
here - I found it on web archive the other day when the server was down - web archive is a great tool that I have only discovered recently).

Additionally, at the end of the article there are more interesting links to follow - one is to their more
advanced article on wine tasting.

Another article with great information in it was found at the
Winepros (US) site. The information is quite technical but good, however where the first article demystifies the process of wine tasting and simplifies it - this article tends to make it a much more difficult affair. There are some interesting links as well - at the end.




6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also worth taking a look at is the guide on TORBs site by Brian Jefferies -

http://www.torbwine.com/rr/WINE%20TASTING%20manual.htm

10:26 PM  
Blogger Mal said...

Thanks for the comment Cam - looks interesting. I am at the office and had a quick look - I will have a good read tonight.

Cheers!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Nia said...

Thanks for those Mal - they will make interesting reading....will try to get some leisure reading in before Data Nalysis and statistics starts in 6 days....and counting.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Mal said...

Ahhh! Data analysis and statistics. I remember it well - well at least I remember it. Finding the standard deviation of the means etc etc. You MUST be thrilled!!

You should also check out the link that Cam posted in his comment. There is a lot of good information there. I have had a quick look and it looks like good reading - but a lot of it in the one article.

Good luck with the study - BTW what course are you doing? - data analysis and statistics can be in anything from science, accounting, and MBA etc etc

8:06 PM  
Blogger Nia said...

I'm doing an MBA woohooo for me....the first study I've done in 20 years and a bit of a hard slog really...will need to be pretty fuelled up to cope I suspect!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Mal said...

I went back to Uni when I was 32 and found it tough 11 years after last studying. 20 years? I only ave admiration for you.

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed
Enter your Email and receive the latest posts immediately


Powered by FeedBlitz