Monday, March 27, 2006

1998 Penfold's BIN 389

I only have about a dozen of these left. I know, I know, James Halliday said they were best for drinking 2008 - 2018. I just can't help myself!

I had staff from work over on Friday night - I was cooking a BBQ (our favourite - grain fed rump - $9.99/kilo from Rode Road Meats). It was a beautiful evening on the deck with a gentle breeze with just a hint of coolness in it. I had a 'hankering' for a big red!

The Bin 389 almost jumped into my hands (at least that's how I remember it)!! It was fantastic - big and spicy aromas and big bold taste!! It was a real hit with everyone. Even though it may improve with more time in the bottle, it is still great now.

I hope I can hold on to the remaining dozen for a while yet. However a friend once told me that it is better to drink a wine too early and appreciate its potential than to drink it too late and lament its demise.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed
Enter your Email and receive the latest posts immediately


Powered by FeedBlitz